Take the following steps:
- Draw a box around the specific area of the part for which you want a different depth (right mouse click and drag to create the box) then click the key "X"
- Highlight the area you separated and go to the depth editor to key in the milling depth you want.
- Highlight the other section of the part and also set its depth
- Note: when you separate a part the default depth changes from 10mm to 25mm so you must set the depth for both sections unless 25mm is what you want for one of the sections
- Note 2: The part is now in two sections and will not pass the check because they are too close together.
- Highlight both section and key "P" to joint the two parts into one.
- To go back and edit either section of the part, highlight the part and key "L" to separate them.
NOTE: To undo the split point on the part and start a fresh highlight, both halves of the part and key "+".
This instructional video illustrates the above steps: