The OSAAP Web Portal is a custom web application that enables users to start foam inlay projects, provide basic information, upload photos, and .bord files. The information uploaded goes directly into the OSAAP projects database for our customer service team to access. For a complete overview Download the Web Portal User Guide
You need a unique Portal account for each Project; contact OSAAP customer service by email each time you need to create a new Portal account at firstname.lastname@example.org
Image of the Web Portal
Once you have your Portal account you have two options to interface with the Portal:
- Uploading Photos
- Uploading .bord files
Web Portal Bell, A new feature to the web portal is the Bell Icon on the top right (pictured below). The Bell opens a dialogue box that allows you to send an email to our customer service ticket system that auto-generate a ticket with information about your project.
Quick Notes on the Web Portal Bell:
- If you click the Bell without being in a specific board in your project, only the job number is sent with the ticket.
- If you open a specific board and then click the Bell, the board number you are requesting help with is included in the ticket when it is created.
When Uploading Photos, you create your Board templates, populate each one with the necessary information required, and then upload all the related photos. The OSAAP customer service team will check the photos and create a basic .bord file for you to work with in our Free Blue Shadow foam inlay CAD software. We will send you the .bord file for you to complete the design layout. The goal here is to compress the learning curve our customers' needs to learn how BlueShadow functions by providing a design that is 50% - 75% complete.
NOTE: You cannot upload .bord files if you begin with the Photo upload option, doing so will generate duplicate .bord designs.
When uploading .bord files, your .bord file already has all the necessary information for the Board template. After the .bord file is uploaded you can add additional photos through the "Help Photo Upload" to provide us with additional information to complete your design.
- For revision control purposes, you cannot access the .bord file from the portal. We will send you the .bord file via email.
- OSAAP customer service provides unlimited free phone and TeamViewer support to help you complete your design once you have used the Web Portal to provide us with the information needed to complete your project.
- OSAAP customer service can do the complete design for you at an additional cost by request.